On the 2nd of February we rented a horse trailer and my two children along with a teenage family friend set off across the mountains to pick up my horse. We made it to mile post 62 and then hit black ice, the guard rail saved us from going over the edge and a state trooper happened upon us before any of the passing drivers could make it into cell phone range to call for help. Blessedly no one was injured, although I can't say the same for my truck or the trailer.
So the truck is in the body shop now, but I did find professional haulers that were coming this way from burns who will deliver my lovely "Cruious" to me this coming Sunday afternoon if all goes well. And their fee is less than the cost to rent a horse trailer. Sure wish I would have known about their trip before my ill fated one.
Meanwhile we are watching and waiting for Tsuanmi to kid, including sleeping out in the barn with her in 20 degree temps. Then I found a pony that I think would make a good mount for Bekah, so on the 7th, with dear hubby and son once again stuck on kidding watch, Bekah and I set out for Central Point. I am happy to say the trip was uneventful and Bekah is totally besotted with her new chocolate palomino Shetland/Welsh pony. And blessedly the seller is willing to hold her until I can find transport or my truck finally makes it out of the body shop.
Which brings us to this morning, day 155 for Tsunami and still NO kids. If she doesn't kid on her own in the next couple of hours she will be going with us to the ultrasound clinic over at OSU vet college.