What a sad day today turned out to be. On Friday we took Tsunami in to OSU Vet college to have them check her out because we thought she was overdue. The ultrasound showed she had at least one LARGE baby. We opted to wait over the weekend and if she didn't kid by Monday morning we would taker her back over there.
Well she didn't kid, and they ended up doing a c-section on her. She had two gorgeous tri-colored doe kids and a lovely buck kid. Sadly they appeared to be about a week premature and didn't survive.
All three were already a good size, so she might have ended up with an emergency c-section anyway if they had "cooked' longer. Another week though doesn't really match up with her heat cycles, so we are left quite puzzled as to exactly when she got bred and how one of the bucks managed to get to her through the fence.
The Vet thinks that Tsunami stands an excellent chance of conceiving again if she heals up ok, so we will keep her and try again next year. And in order to give her plenty of recovery time we will breed her to kid in late May or early June.